Office of Senior Services

Contact Info

Waverly Center

7 Waverly Avenue

Portland Connecticut

Carol Revicki                                

Senior Services Administrator    

Phone: 860-342-6761

Fax: 860-342-6762

Senior Services

     Welcome to the Waverly Senior Center. The mission of the Center is to provide opportunities for our maturing citizens age 50+ to find resources, support, friendship, activities and much more.

     The Center is a place to join old and new friends for social occasions, educational and recreational programs as well as monthly travel outings. Call the Center to be placed on our monthly newsletter list which we will mail or email to you.

Services and Senior Resources

Food & Nutrition Services:

Meals-on-Wheels: (CRT) Community Renewal Team - Hartford (860)-560-5848.


Food Bank: Monday & Thursday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (860)-342-6795. If you are a resident of Quarry Heights or Chatham Court you may use the shopping list form provided by Portland Housing Authority. Other Portland residents may call the Food Bank and leave a message with your grocery items, name, address, phone number and you will be called when your order is ready to be picked up.


Mobil Food Share Truck: Suspended until further notice.


Transportation Services:

Dial-A-Ride: (860) 347-3313, 48 hours advance notice required. Call to register & for free info.

Portland Senior Van:  (860) 342-6760, 1 to 2 weeks notice preferred. Fee: $5.00 per passenger.

Zoom Link

Click Here to Join the Meeting!

ID: 283 329 8227

Password: Fun#SC


Call with Telephone:

Call: (929) 205-6099

ID: 283 329 8227

Password: 808422

Happenings at the Senior Center

Ongoing Watercolor Classes with Bivenne Staiger are held at The Waverly Center, please contact the instructor directly for further information 

2020 Elderly/Disabled Rent Rebate Program

If you were over 65 or disabled and rented in Connecticut during 2019 you may be eligible for a rebate from the State of Connecticut. The income guidelines for Calendar Year 2019 - your income must not exceed $37,000 for a single person or $45,000 for a married couple. The following documentation will be necessary in order to apply:

Provide proof of income for you (and spouse) for 2019

Social Security (1099 or TPQY), pension (1099), wages (W2), interest, dividends and any other income, your tax return if you filed taxes for 2019.

Provide proof of rent paid for 2019

Canceled checks or a statement from the landlord stating total rent you paid for full calendar year.

Provide proof of utility payments paid in 2019

Call the utility company and ask for a print-out showing payments made for the full calendar year (2019), utilities include electric, gas, oil and water. The program normally runs April 1st to October 1st, however, due to Covid-19 the applications are being taken later than usual.